(1993) PhD, Political Science, Comparative Politics and Political Theory, University of Toronto.
(1986) M.A. International Affairs (Development), Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa.
(1982) B.A. (Honours), University of Waterloo, Ontario.
(1978) Baccalauréat, Sciences économiques et sociales, Principauté de Monaco.
During 1982-2000, I carried out consultancy assignments for the following governmental, non-governmental, and multilateral organizations:
· Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
· International Development Research Centre (IDRC) International Centre for Human Rights and Democratic Development (ICHRDD)
· International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI)
· United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
· Parliamentary Centre, Ottawa
Areas covered: human rights, democratic development, governance, participatory development, local environmental planning, participatory evaluation.
Geographic focus: South Asia (India, Pakistan), East and Central Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda), Latin America (Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico).